We are seeking a Junior Law Office Administrator and Bookkeeper. The full description and application instructions are as follows:
Hours & Pay Rate: Office hours in West Vancouver office, pay $30,000 to $35,000, depending on experience.
Bookkeeping: accounts receivables, customer invoicing, vendor management, online banking, bank deposits, accounts payable, cash flow maintenance, liaising with senior bookkeeper (who works one day a week), and filing.
Administrative: all administrative tasks including opening files, ordering supplies, filing, managing conflicts database, researching and documenting office procedures, maintaining lawyer continuing education records, oversight of website content and updates, and making occasional travel arrangements. Some personal assistant duties for principal of firm.
- Experience using PC Law accounting system
- Graduate of recognized legal administrative assistant program
- Experience in law office administrative activities (legal secretarial, administrative assistant, law clerk, etc.) preferred
- Candidates should be extremely organized and comfortable with managing diverse tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfort working independently on projects, with oversight from lawyer
- Ideal candidates will have a self-starter attitude and desire to grow to become a senior Law Office Manager
To Apply: Please email resume to Nicole Garton-Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible. References required after initial interviews. We seek to complete the selection process by Feb. 27, 2009.
About Heritage Law: We are a tech-savvy small law firm serving clients in the estates, family and mediation fields. Background on the firm and its staff may be reviewed at the firm’s website: http://www.bcheritagelaw.com